Thursday, February 08, 2007

An eventful week







The past week and a half have been very exciting for us. On Tuesday, our boat shipment arrived!!!! Elijah loves having his mower and rider truck, Anna her jewelry, Ryan (and everyone else) is loving the men's deodorant that he now lathers on and the outdoor toys including burley and stroller (now he just needs to find a bike), and I love my more completed kitchen (herbs, spices, canned goods, brown sugar!!!!!, and best of all, mixer). Friday Elijah turned 2!!!! We had a fun party celebrating him on Thursday (you all saw Ryan's adventures for Friday and Sat). He had fun eating his favorite meal, including the first homemade bread since being in China!!!, and brownies (often confused as face paint), and opening presents. He loves talking about how his is such a big boy begin 2! Sunday all of our pictures were hung on the walls, making the house more a home. The beginning of the week held 60+ degree weather that allowed us to play at parks and with the many toys that came on the boat. Today, Thursday, I had my first Bible study with my friend Florence. It was so nice to talk to another woman, face to face, about life and how God is working in our lives. And last, but not least, we had our ultrasound tonight and saw that God is adding another little girl to our family! We are all excited--Anna is ecstatic! She has been praying for a little sister for a very long time! There is also an added blessing with it being a girl--I will not have to go out shopping for boy summer clothes (which would obviously be more difficult here in China) Anna's birthday is June 21 and the expected due date for this munchkin is June 22. God is good!

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement for my transitioning to life in China. I have had some really great days, and some really bad days, but think overall I am trying/learning to see the truth of God's goodness and faithfulness and trusting Him to provide what he knows that I need.
Some things that you can pray for are: wisdom in making the final decision of which clinic to use for having this baby (I have heard some disturbing things about the one I am currently at so am planning on talking to more people to hear other opinions), a homeschool group to get involved with for friends and encouragement, and for God to open or close doors regarding my working in an orphanage. I have always wanted to work in an orphanage so this could be a dream come true... I need to make sure it is safe with being pregnant, that it will work during a time that Ryan can be home with the kids, and that I can handle it. I have heard many horror stories so my desire was to just go and love the children, but heard today that the orphanages don't allow you to care for the children in ways other than what they can normally do, because otherwise the children will get used to it (like being held while being fed, or stopping the feeding while the baby chokes, or rocking the child) It will absolutely break my heart but I want to be able to do something. Pray that if it is God's will, I will be led to talk with the right people, there will be openings during times I can go, and that it would be safe for the baby and I (I was not able to get all of the immunizations because of being pregnant). Thank you all! God bless! Talk with you soon!

3 comments:

missy said...

Congratulations!!

I'm looking forward to talking to you soon :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the news of your 2nd daughter! Allison and Rachel really miss the kids (esp Rachel).
Allen

Unknown said...

Oh another girl! Yea! Feel free to use the name Gina if you can't find another name you like. :o)

We went to the library last Thursday for storytime and Grayson picked out a book called "My Best Friend Moved Away." He said, "I'm getting this book. It's just like Anna moved away!" I thought it might bring many more tears with it but it was about all the fun things they did together and how it won't be the same. At the end another kid moved in next door and now he'll have a new friend even though he misses his best friend. Awwwe! We sure do miss our Bowmans!

:o) Gina & the guys