Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Sorry for a long delay. Things have been busy lately. Chen Wei, an engineer that I work with in China, is here in the USA for the month of July. It's been fun to see him experience the USA for the first time. His top comments thus far with my responses in CAPS:

1. Where are all the bikes and mopeds? THERE IS A DIRECT CORRELATION BETWEEN GAS PRICES AND QUANTITY OF BIKES/MOPEDS. CHECK BACK IN A YEAR.
2. Wow, there is the first bus that I've seen! (spoken on day 10 of his trip). YES, HOLLAND PRIDES ITSELF ON A WORLD CLASS BUS SYSTEM THAT CATERS TO ABOUT 17 PEOPLE. 3. The Chinese food here is pretty good. STOP LYING TO ME.
4. I could not find the Chinese restaurant so I ate there (Denny's). It was not Chinese food. I HOPE YOU GOT THE GRAND SLAM.
5. Is Dutch Village nice to visit? ONLY IF YOU FIND THE DEWEY DECIMAL SYSTEM EXHILARATING.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures I took of a boat near our house. Yes, there is writing on the side and it reads, "This is what happens when your wife is crazy." I was reminded of a card I saw recently....It read,

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll spend a lifetime sitting in a boat, drinking beer." Perhaps someone taught this wive's husband to fish....



No comments: