Friday, September 07, 2007

Look closely......Ryan's thoughts revealed.

So, I've never had "Dreyer's" ice cream in the USA. So, the proclamation of being America's number 1 premium ice cream seemed far fetched.

I think it's a knock off on Breyer's name recognition. Taking a mainstream brand in USA and changing a few letters is a common deal in China.

I just happened to catch this one when I was armed with a camera. Although, one commenter here pointed out that "Dreyer's" actually has a connection with Edy's. So, perhaps it's a USA company trying to take advantage of these Chinese consumer. Who knows.

Anyways, enjoy the weekend. We attend an authentic Chinese wedding tomorrow of a friend/colleague of mine. Check back soon for the scoop and pictures!

RB

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I have heard of Dreyer's being sold in the Seattle area. I do think is associated with Edy's. I don't think this is a plot against the Chinese (or by the Chinese for that matter).

Ryan said...

In fact, I am a little disappointed in the journalistic integrity of this blog. It took very little google research effort to come up with this:
http://www.dreyersinc.com/about/index.asp
you can read all about the relationship between Dreyer's and Edy's.

Ryan said...

And apparently it is Dreyer's that is the "original":
"Dreyer's is marketed under the Edy's brand name in all states east of the Rockies."

missy said...

My husband, always so helpful :)