Wednesday, February 20, 2008

If you don't like baiting hooks....

A good expat friend/colleague got to witness a unique style of fishing during the Chinese New Year festival. He traveled to the hometown of one of his coworkers. His experiences were vast and adventurous. One such adventure is illustrated in the video below. And, if you look closely, you'll notice that the guy's cigarette is a key component to this style of fishing.

For the record, this style of fishing is forbidden in China just as it is in the US. And I'm sure you could find some guys in the Michigan U.P. that do the same stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I swear I saw these same guys fishing at Dutch Village.

Unknown said...

Hello, My husband & I go to Grace church Harvest bible chapel in Mich & your blog address was on the prayer sheet incluced in the bulletin. I enjoyed reading your blog & will visit again.
Looks like your winter there is a bit milder than ours this year...

jenny said...

Hey Aimee,
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to the comment you left on my blog. SOOOO funny that we have found each other again. Ferree goes to our church and awhile ago we were talking about blogs and she mentioned that I should read your blog and read all the neat things you guys were doing while living abroad. Well, I had no idea that you were the Aimee I knew from TU. So, as I was reading through your blog I realized who you were....too funny. The next time I saw Ferree, I told her "you are not going to believe this, but that blog you told me to read, I know the wife!" So, anyway, your family is beatiful and glad to hear you are doing well.
Take care,
Jenny C.

Joab Meyer said...

a bed ridden woman in puxi would some new pics of the kids on here. miss you all