Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Oh My Word"

Yes,

I fully predicted the words that would come out of your mouth when you looked upon the Bowman Blog today. Call me gifted. I think that's why my kindergarten teacher called me "special". She knew.

We just haven't updated because we've been flat out staying out of trouble. You know, the whole China thing completely scrambled our lives. Reading our blog was like reading the headlines of your national newspaper...."Trains collide in Scranton" "Ryan is running of deodorant" "Sully lands in the Hudson" "Anna successfully pee'd in a chinese toilet" and the headlines go on.

There is one update...our adoption continues to progress. Aimee is the leader of this process for our family so if you want specifics, talk to her. If you ask me, you're going to get something like, "Uh, yeah, we are going to submit our 'dossey hey' this year. And then we'll probably wait about 12 to 48 months, give or take, before we can pick her up."

In reality, I just tend to take it one month at a time. If I get too worked up about timelines, the months will start to feel like weeks. I don’t need that.

For the adoption, the Chinese government wants to see our family with others. Here are pics that have been taken with that in mind, though not all of these will make the final cut. Some of you look too deranged. If you have the time and a camera, snap photos with us soon. Photoshop also works too.

And Happy Birthday Ryan Krauss.




My sister Megan, her husband Derek, and son Evan
Our friends Ryan, Missy, and Joshua.


My grandparents.


The Bowman clan.


Aimee's sisters Joy and Heather.
Aimee's parents.
Aimee's sister Heather and husband Dave.






3 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

fun pics. Thanks for updating! Exciting times

Anonymous said...

That is a funny thing that they would want to see. I was wondering... Do they want to see more than white people in your pictures? This is from your not so white friend in China.
Lisa

Ryan said...

Very cool. Joshua doesn't look too happy to have his picture taken with the Bowmans. If only I still checked your blog everyday, I could have had another birthday wish. (I just can't handle the disappointment for months on end).