Monday, June 13, 2011

What's your favorite movie snack food?

I took A and E with a couple of friends to see KungFu Panda 2 in 3D. Great movie for kids and adults alike! And really cool to see it in China and appreciate Po's home country first hand!!! The 'interesting' food options are further down. But first, a couple of pics of the kiddos.

Each ticket is assigned to a particular seat which is a little different than the "first come first served" in the US. Worked out well considering we were no where close to "first come". Getting food/drink/3D glasses/bathroom break completed before the lights went down was a homerun in my book! (Thanks Emily for your help at concessions!)

Here's the crew. We hit the local McDonald's afterward and the kids got KungFu Panda toys in their happy meals. I personally got 3 toys because I decided to just eat 3 happy meals myself.


Ok, maybe not.



You may need to click on this photo to read what was on the menu at the concession stand. You'll notice some familiar things, ie, "popcorn" and "chocolate" although good luck figuring out what "chocolate" means exactly. But I love the other options - "Roasted Squid Toast Eel Chip" is a must have for any cinematic experience. It gives the 3D that extra "pop"! And who could pass on the "Duck Gizzard and Liver"? Well, me I guess. And for Final Jeopardy, Alex, "What is Collon?" I might field a wild guess but the dry heaves have already started so I'm going to subscribe to the old adage, "Ignorance is Bliss", thank you very much!


What a fun date with the kids even though we didn't play Fear Factor at the theater!


Peace out y'all!!





2 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

I was too focused on how many sprites we needed to order you all duck gizzard! Next time you are for sure getting some! Thanks again for taking them ALL!!!

Joab Meyer said...

My recon tells me that Collon is acctually a cute round cracker filled with a mysterious white filling....we'll have to get that next time! Here is a link with more details - http://bro1998.21food.cn/company/pro-show42468.html