Monday, April 16, 2007

Dude, where's your blog?

I added a couple new links to the Bowman Blog "friends and favorites". Look for PTAcoustic and BurningBusch to the right of your screen.

And if you've got a blog that gets updated more than every 2 months (Gatica! you've set the bar LOW!), give me your blog address. I'll link up to it.

Here's a quick story....

We all have gotten ample opportunity to develop our charades (you know, act out a word without speaking) skills here in China. When "conversing" with a person that doesn't speak your language, charades is the one common denominator. Despite the fact that most of my colleagues at work speak good english, a few charades thrown in always seems to drive the point home.

Well, our friend Florence stopped by a couple of weeks ago. Though originally, from France, she now lives in England and speaks wonderful English. After Florence left our home, Aimee had a suspicious smile on her face. It turns out that I was using hand motions with Florence. And not just typical, "talk with your hands" motions, but the more obvious.

Specifically, I explained that Aimee was "flying on an airplane back to the USA because she was pregnant" both verbally and with my hands/arms. I've made the same explanation at work many times recently. Well, with arms outstretched followed by a round-shaped rub of my pregnant "tummy", I probably insulted Florence's intelligence, without even realizing it. Aimee and I had a good laugh about it. And hopefully you will too.

See ya.

Oh, and a new friend gave me a tip on a cool website if you fly very often (yes, my arms are extended right now). If you know the airline and plane type, check out www.seatguru.com for the inside track on best seats and seat provisions.







No comments: