Saturday, January 26, 2008

Congratulations.

A couple of weeks back, I posted a video of Elijah launching himself off a couch onto a helpless stuffed bear below. The "Translate Elijah's Proclaimation" contest was difficult for all but one. Uncle Phil identified the correct translation which states, "BUZZ LIGHTYEAR....TO THE RESUCE!!!"

So, with that nifty insight comes a motherload of valuable prizes. First, it's a commerative blog posting dedicated to Phil and some of his feats of strength. You'll shiver as you take hold of the awesome power demonstrated in his bicep in the last still photo. And just wait until you behold the death-defying stunt work in the 2 video clips. Enjoy....from the edge of your seat. Second, he might get to take a stroll through some China memorabilia, selecting from that grand showcase some mighty fine prizes (remember when Wheel of Fortune winners were rewarded with an opportunity to spend their winnings by "buying" things from the rotating showcase? "Pat, I'll take the grandfather clock for $1900, the recliner for $750, and.....).

Without further adieu,

The Ode to Phil.













Now, who's first in line to win our next Bowman Blog contest?

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Phil's my hero.

Anonymous said...

I'll first introduce myself...I'm new to this blog and happened to find these rad videos while searching for techical skills clips. I represent the Association of Extreme Sports of America. I'm impressed with what I've seen here and believe that Phil has the skills to succeed in extreme sports. If you could please direct me to any contact information for Phil, I will assure you that the appropriate recognition and acknowledgements will be provided.

Regards,
Lonnie Baxter
AESA
San Diego

Anonymous said...

After watching that great, Evil Kneviel death defying bicycle jump, it occured to me that I have seen Phil's great feats before.

He was the stunt bicylist in the movie "Napleon Dynomite". He did the stuntwork for Pedro.

This Phil has many skills, Ryan you must be honored to be related to such a man.

Allen "Galactica"

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the error in my previous comment, it was brought to my attention that Phil was the stuntman for Napolean in the movie...

Phil and Beth said...

I am honored by this unexpected recognition of my recent feats. It appears that I may have a career change in my near future. Thank you to all of my trainers, my family, and most of all, my fans.

For those who are interested, I am available for appearances at birthday parties, graduations, work parties, and bar mitzvahs.

With great sincerity and gratitude,
Phil

missy said...

I am impressed too! I had no idea and couldn't even come up with a guess :)

love to you all,
missy