Sunday, March 09, 2008

David Beckham

The global phenomenon now plays for the LA Galaxy of the USA's pro league. They have played some exhibition matches worldwide simply because this Beckham fellow draws recognition of the same magnitude as Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, and Michael W. Smith. OK, maybe I got carried away with the Michaels.

Anyway, I went to see the Galaxy play a China All-star team at Shanghai stadium. It was surpisingly entertaining. Beckham has still got some skills left and assisted on the Galaxy's first goal by lobbing a perfert placed crossing shot. It collided with a teammate's head and popped into the back of the net.

I went with a small group friend and his son. A good time was had by all, especially the chinese girls near us that screamed "DAV-ID" every time pretty boy got the ball.

Not that pictures of this guy mean much to you, but when you post a blog about David Beckham, I think pictures kinda come along for the ride.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, blimey. I suppose I can wangle a bit every now and again. Ta for the note on my football gagly. It aren't like my days playing for the PL.

Have a jolly good day.

David Beckham

Joab Meyer said...

Fun stuff. Glad you got to bring E along!