Sunday, March 20, 2011

orphanage






Saturday I had the privilege of going to Huge Grace, an independently run orphanage in Shanghai with others from our church. It was such a blessing to be there! It was a large, clean, light, beautiful house where children with special needs are loved, and cared for. It was amazing!!! So different than the picture that I had in my mind before we arrived. I am so thankful that God has provided this home and staff to love these beautiful children. It was a fun morning of loving on and interacting with these kids. When we arrived, it was lunch time so I had the privilege of feeding the little boy in the above picture. At first, I didn't know what to say because we speak different languages but quickly realized that he was a child who loves to laugh so we just made silly noises and laughed together. So fun! I wish I could have taken him home with me! The rest of the morning held coloring, and just observing the children as they did their normal daily life of playing. What a blessing! This was truly a dream come true! I am praying for an opportunity to more regularly volunteer in an orphanage--waiting for God to show me which one and to work out all of the details.

Time to get our school day rolling!

1 comment:

missy said...

that is wonderful Aimee!!!