Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How could you name your kid "Chauncey"?



I don't have an answer but as long as the Pistons keep winning, I'm going to see if Aimee would consider naming our daughter Chauncey. "Rasheed" is the the only other viable choice.

That nonsense aside, I did play my favorite sport yesterday. And no, it was not soccer. (Speaking of soccer, I've yet to be invited back to display my mad "skills" on the soccer pitch.) There is a nice basketball half-court in our neighborhood. It was great to shoot hoops again. It had been at least 9 months since I last picked up a ball. The chinese people love basketball and are enthralled with the NBA because of Yao Ming. You could hear wailing and gnashing of teeth throughout the city after the Jazz knocked off the Houston Rockets.

Then, today, I learn that some of the guys from work played last week during the China holiday. So, I pushed for a game sometime soon. I look forward to it because I want to see what China pickup basketball looks like and it would be a neat opportunity to spend time with the guys outside of work.

Stay tuned for an update on hoops in China.

1 comment:

Phil and Beth said...

Now's your time to become Rex Chapman. Surely you can find a jersey on Ebay. The Chinese will totally think you're the real deal with an authetic jersey. It's kind of like me wearing the soccer jersey you got me around Holland. Everyone thinks I'm a professional international soccer player. I've had at least 4 kids ask for my autograph.

pb