Monday, May 21, 2007

An inspiration

A good friend of mine's family was dealt a MAJOR "faith exercise" in January. Completely unexpected, Brian's wife Kristi was diagnosed with stage 3/4 ovarian cancer. It is an impossible situation to comprehend and so, we pray. Would you pray for Kristi's healing? Would you pray for their 3 young kids, Ashley, Nathan and Emily? Would you pray for Brian as he balances the most important things of life with the necessary things that require time and energy? Also, if you are near a phone after praying, page them at 616-772-0110 so they know you've prayed.

Kristi is as courageous as they come. They now have a blog that chronicles their walk through this trial from day 1. More importantly, there are 2 other things it does. It (1) Gives detail on specific prayer requests and (2) encourages the rest of us to recognize our place in this world and what we're doing with it.

A favorite quote of mine from Kristi is, "You know, I wasn't really living until now. I was gliding through life. Look out world cuz here I come."

Kristi has a tremendous story to share. If you're able, join her team by praying. But also, take "inventory" of your own life and make sure you are keeping the most important thing the most important thing.

I've linked up their blog to this one.

2 comments:

Ferree Bowman Hardy said...

Thanks for Kristi's blog, I'll be praying for them. It's amazing how things like this slam us back to what real living should be.
Your blog is great, as usual. Bet your kids would love to see more "dad" pictures. I'll bet you could take some pictures of yourself that won't make your head swell too much with pride. :) You know I love you, Auntie TD

Brian & Kristi said...

Thanks for posting this Ryan. I have to admit, I got choked up reading your blog about Kristi. She truly is an amazing woman...and I'm not just saying that because I'm married to her!! :) Thanks again and God bless you and your family! Love ya guys!!!