Tuesday, May 20, 2008

anybody out there?

Whoa,
I'm not sure anyone is left here at this ghost town of a blog. But just in case, here are some pictures of my recent trip to Hanzhou, a famous city near to Shanghai. It's known for a picturesque lake called "West Lake" and lots of beautiful gardens/streams/architecture.....oh, and tons of people, at least on the weekends.
This city had 1 million people living in it 1276. Yeah, Columbus did not even discover America until 1492.

I visited with our good friends Joab/Emily/Miriam/Asa. Miriam is not pictured as she was on the back of my ride.





I rode the 9 miles around the lake on this smokin' hot ride. My knees just barely got beneath the handlebars. And yes, those wheels looked pretty cool while spinning.
We rode a cable car to the "North Peak" and got a great view of the lake and city.


There are lots of gardens/streams that make pretty good kodak moments.


This is the famous West Lake...
This would have been a real nice photo if the knucklehead hadn't ruined it.
Traditional chinese bridge. One of my favorite pieces of architecture in China.
Yes, that is a fanny pack. However, I never wear it on the side of my hips.
It was a great trip and a wonderful memory made with the Meyer family. You can check out their blog on the right hand side there on this web page, see "Global Meyer Minutes".










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan,
The tarnow clan is still checking in! I was able to talk with your lovely wife for a few minutes on Sunday...and, since I was working in the nursery, I got to love on sweet Rachel all morning. She did pretty well as long as we talked, sang or otherwise entertained...it was those quiet moments when she'd remember you weren't around and those big eyes would fill.
Praying for you still as you navigate this last bit of time apart.
Blessings~~
Beth for the Tarnow clan

Joab Meyer said...

you were sure one nice knuklehead to spend sometime with!

Phil and Beth said...

Remember us down here in NC? We are still on board the Bowman Blog. I was glad to see your posting, it's been awhile. We're looking forward to seeing Aimee and the kids this weekend, we'll miss you.

Love, Beth

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time... too bad we all couldn't have gone together. We miss you! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

Lots of love, Aimee