Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend trip

Wow,

What a beautiful set of kids we have!! It will be a sweet reunion when we see each other again. Hugging with some good old-fashioned tickling soon thereafter.

I spent the weekend at the most famous mountain range in China. It was kind of a "farewell" trip for my engineering team at work. It involved a 7 hour bus ride each way with lots of steps in between. An old chinese proverb states, "Once you have seen Huangshan, you have seen all mountains." Click here for the stats. It did not disappoint despite some overcast weather. I'll let the pictures help tell the story.

This looked precarious and death-defying until a woman's head popped into the shot.


There were 2 teams. Team 1 was the "I don't care if I walk like a 90 year old woman on Monday" team. Team 2 was the "If you see one of the peaks, you've seen them all" team. This was Team 1. And yes, we need walkers today.
We were not looking quite so chipper at the end of the day.
This mountain range is famous for the "cloud sea" that can be seen from the upper peaks. We saw a lot of this as the days were mostly cloudy.
Yep.
You can find a small lake down in the bottom of that gorge, if you look closely. Also, see if you can find Waldo.

I have lots more pictures to load but blogger is giving me the bizness. I might try again later.

Give my family a hug for me.









3 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

fun stuff. I love the clouds, basically heaven in China

Joab Meyer said...

fun stuff. I love the clouds, basically heaven in China

Phil and Beth said...

Sweet pics...the "yep" pic is definitely my favorite. And, actually, the last pic, when you stare at it and relax your eyes, you can see dolphins jumping from the ocean with a rainbow overhead...just beautiful.

Also...how does an American engineer and his Chinese co-engineers spend their time on a 7 hour bus ride?
pb