Thursday, January 11, 2007

The cafeteria bowls are revealed.





I worked late last night and had dinner in the cafeteria. A coworker and friend, Liu Yi, also was working late. I had my camera with me (hint,hint) so I decided I would take some pictures of the cafeteria food for all of you.

For a brief moment, I thought the head chef (at least I think he's the head dude because his hat is the biggest) was going to confiscate my camera. As soon as I had it out and was snapping photos, he rushed over behind me to check out what I was doing. It was a little strange but worth it to bring the very best footage to you! They probably see me as the paparrazi or a red-haired american spy.

So, I just took a couple of photos. But only one is good enough to post. The tray in front is mine and the other of Liu Yi's meal. My meal had the big bowl of rice (standard issue), a meatball, cooked cauliflower, a green vegetable and some soup. Liu Yi's meal had some of the same but he doubled up on one of the strange dishes they serve. I tried it once but didn't like it. Liu Yi doesn't have an english name for it. You can barely see in the pictures that it's small, disc shaped "plates" with holes in it. Maybe it's a vegetable or perhaps sliced eel. Anyways, if you see it at Meijer on sale this week, I'd steer clear.

The other photograph is a shot of the cafeteria. Not sure if it's what you had in mind. If you were thinking grass hut with a dirt floor, perhaps I lead you astray somewhere. I've also got 1.5 pictures of Liu Yi. I also did a brief interview with him on video but the download would take an eon.

Many at work have slowly caught on to my sense of humor. I gage their understanding by the look on their faces. Liu Yi is one that I can joke with. I learned that some, however, just don't get it. I'm the guy giving you Americans a bad name!! Although, some have noted that "you are a skinny American! I thought you all were fat!" I decked one girl on behalf of all the American fat people. Your welcome and please pass the french fries.
1.......

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Dude, you crack me up. My TA's name is Yi Liu. Perhaps they are related.