Sunday, January 21, 2007

Trouble on the homefront






Our "boat" shipment is estimated to be delivered this week. Unfortunately, it may be too late.

You see, the Bowman's are running out of deodorant. Deodorant is a seasonal product in China and difficult to find in the middle of winter unless one wants to pay a price that would warrant financing. I grossly underestimated how much I would need before the motherload arrived on the ship. I mean, who really gauges the material usage on deodorant? With as infrequently as I use the stuff anyways, I thought my tube would last at least a year or 2.

Aimee came more prepared and kindly offered her partially-used spare. I chose her Adidas "Cool Gel for Women, Icy Burst" over the Secret Platinum "Velvet Powder" and have been using it diligently for the last 3 or 4 weeks. (Yes, I said GROSSLY underestimated).

A couple of days ago, Aimee mentioned that her roll-on was "bottoming out". There was utter fear in her eyes. Up stinky creek with no paddle came to mind. When I inspected my "cool gel for women", I realized that my days, too, were numbered. Aimee passed out at that point.

A quick whiff of one of Elijah's "BOMBS AWAY!!" diapers and Aimee came to.

At last estimation, the boat delivery should be made "by the end of this week". And for all of mainland China, I hope the forecast proves too skeptical.

On a more positive note, we found our favorite new restaurant in Shanghai, for western food. The "Moon River Diner" serves up breakfast all day, gigantic burgers and all sorts of sandwiches. Popcorn came as an appetizer and the kids got balloons too. Here are some pictures capturing the big event!

1 comment:

Ted and Jill said...

Oh my! I'll try to get some potpourri and other good smelling items in the Friday box for you. I think deodorant might be considered an expensable item by JCI/GM customer interface standards. Perhaps a nice smelling diaper from Luke will help as well!LOL