Monday, January 01, 2007

The Richter scale understands my internet woes

After several days of issues with our internet connectivity, I think I may have found the problem.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2006-12/31/content_772364.htm

I had heard about this earthquake from the I.T. guy at work but never figured it would have such profound effects.

So, it will be more difficult/impossible for me to upload pictures. I'm 0-for-5 trying to get christmas pics to upload.

We are in the house. Our new phone number is 8621 5083-5402.

We had successful Skype video conferences even after the earthquake at the apartment. Here, at the house, we had issues (slurred speech, "strobe light" like movements, echos) this AM using skype but I think that's a function of our new ISP. I've asked them to upgrade us to the faster connection speed.

Also, we are still able to send/receive email.

Regarding karoke, the planned date was for Jan 5, 2006, but I have not heard anything more about it and, quite frankly, I'm afraid to ask. 2 colleagues, er, backup singers are headed to Europe unexpectedly on business on Friday AM so I wonder if that will change the plan. If karoke talk rears it's ugly head again, I'll be sure to inform you all.

Today, Tuesday, we don't have any firm plans. We'd like to go for a walk to check out the 'hood (think Compton, only with expat thugs) and clubhouse but the rain has not let up. Tomorrow, we head to IKEA to try and fill out some of the furniture holes in the house. We also hope to pick up one of those gigantic Dragon costumes for the family on 90% "post-new-year" clearance.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to call you last night (your a.m.) and mom tried this morning (your p.m.) and the phone just rang and rang...do you have the correct number posted? Are the phones not working?

Love,
Joy
1/3/07