Tuesday, January 11, 2011

House Pictures

It is honestly very humbling for me to put pictures of our house on the blog because of its size, especially in a place where people have so little. I keep having to remind myself that God really put this house in our lap and to be content and joyful that He is so gracious and generous even though we are so unworthy. So, that being said, welcome to the picture tour of our house.

This is the main room on the first floor.

Then as you work your way back, you come to the kitchen


(I'm still waiting for the dish fairy to come and put my clean dishes away :))
the laundry room (the working machine is on the left--the machine in the middle is the washer/dryer unit that came with the house that we still cannot get to dry clothes after many visits from the repair man.)
so, welcome to our dry room! I am so thankful that we have this extra room because my couple of days of hanging clothes out in 30-40 degree weather was NOT fun!


Now, to the second floor we go! Thank you cute little stair model!

Sammy has been found multiple times scaling this ledge. Now when he goes by it, he says, "no, no".

The master bedroom:

there is even an office in the master bedroom. So far, it just collects all of the junk.

Elijah's bedroom
the jack-and-jill bath

Rachel and Sammy's room (with Sammy's big boy bed for when he learns to stay in bed)

Now for the third floor
there is that cute stair model again! On the third floor is our school room. The kids are on the sofa that we snuggle on when we read
and now are showing where they do seat work

Anna's bedroom (and the to be guest room if anyone wants to come visit!)

Lots of pictures! thanks for taking the time to look! Most of the shelves are empty as we still are waiting for our shipment. I will post pics again when we have put away everything--especially of the "home" items.


7 comments:

Kelly J said...

Wow! It is beautiful and what a yummy little stair model you have! :) Congrats!

missy said...

It's so big and beautiful! Did it come with the furniture? I love the master bedroom especially! God is so gracious and I'm so glad that you all have such a beautiful home.

Bowman's Bluff said...

What a lovely and comfortable place. So, many windows and so much light - truly a wonderful home! Dad B

GloryBabies3 said...

wow...what a blessing to have such a big beautiful place. I especially LOVE all the big windows and the light they let in. The kids look great too!
Do you have a back yard too?
Beth

Jason and Lisa said...

I like your house! It is nice and spacious. Great for all the parties you will have. You will learn to love the small kitchen. I now prefer one because it makes it easier for me to move faster. Also, I am not sure if this is the normal cement home, but I wanted to remind you of the mold problem that can occur. What I learned if you are drying inside is to make sure you allow some air flow once a day. If the heater is on in the room it will create mold like crazy. Also, if it is the normal cement homes you should make a habit of airing the whole house. This advice I was given by locals and did not head to until after two homes of mold. My third house never got any. Mold seems to grow fast with the air units they have and where the sun does not hit the house. Maybe other neighbors in the same complex can better advise you, but be aware that it is a huge problem in Shanghai made homes.
Love
Lisa

Joab Meyer said...

you have made a very nice house into a wonderful home. I still will never forget standing in your kitchen thinking- this is Aimee's HOME! Love you !!!!

Emily said...

Your home looks wonderful! :) I'm excited for you that your shipment will be there soon. It looks like you are settling in nicely and I hope you are feeling more and more at home there each day!